For those looking for a way to make a clear distinction between their pathway and walkway, it is important to understand how each area is designed and what materials are appropriate for the job. Walkway Pavers in Knoxville TN are professionals who can help you figure it all out. Let’s break some of these down.
Purposes of Walkways and Pathways
- Walkways are paved surfaces used to facilitate foot traffic in an orderly fashion. They are often confused with the term sidewalk as their features are nearly identical.
- Pathways are known as the recreational feature of the landscape. Also referred to as a trail, pathways are commonly found within gardens and other delicate landscapes. This is a way to provide a means of leisure for those enjoying the landscape features.
Materials used for Walkways and Pathways
For walkways, concrete is the option that is most used, however, Walkway Pavers in Knoxville TN make for a better walking surface. Pavers allow for a more natural look than what concrete has to offer and come in a variety of earth tones. They are also immune to cracking that solid walkways are subject to.
Pathways are typically made from natural materials such as loo e gravel, mulch, dirt, and stone.
Once the individual has decided to create his or her path, it is important to take a few considerations into account when designing how it will look.
Tips for Designing a Walkway or Pathway
Rather than give the feel that the area is just a way of transporting from one area of the yard to another, here are some tips for making it fun to follow.
- Make the path or walkway wide enough for two people to walk side by side comfortably.
- Plant interesting foliage and fragrant flowers to attract guests to take a leisurely stroll.
- Be creative with the route. A path that disappears around a corner draws attention while meandering paths conceal and reveal planting or other trinkets hidden within.Decorative walkways and pathways are an excellent landscaping idea for your home. Working with a reputable company such as business name allows for several styling options and ideas for making your path or walkway, the talk of the neighborhood. You can also follow them on Twitter for more information.